Sunday, March 31, 2013

The Haul

So, I got a surprise yesterday morning when my package from FedEx arrived early.  It had originally been due on Monday, so I was very happy to receive my fragrance oils and some sample soaps from my friend on the Soap Making Forum.  I was elated as I opened the box and saw all my new bottles of oils wrapped safely within.  As I took each one out of the box, I felt like a child on Christmas morning. 


Not all the bottles are full, but I am so happy with my new oils and I am not sure what to do with them all!  I have ideas for some of them, but I keep thinking of things that I need different colors then what I have for.  Argh!  This may end up with me putting in another order at Wholesale Supplies Plus.  I am getting my collection of things up much faster then I expected though.  I am sure I can go through these supplies just as fast though!

Anyways,  as for the various fragrance oils (and a couple essential oils also) that I was given, there are scents such as Dragon's Blood, Magic Dragon, Mother Earth, Gardenia, Vanilla Black Currant, River Dance, Amber Romance, Meyer Lemon, Oatmeal, Milk & Honey, Bergamot Mint Essential Oil, Clary Sage Essential Oil, Pumpkin Pie, Bramble Berry's Drakkar dupe, Bay Rum, Crisp Apple Rose, and Sun & Sand (and more that I forget).  Not all of the bottles are full, but some of them are and many have enough for at least one pound of soap.

Along with the oils, I was sent several sample bars with other various scents, so I could see what they smelled like.  These include Black Raspberry Vanilla, Lavender & Mint, Fresh Lemongrass, Love Spell, Sandalwood Vanilla, and a mystery bar (the label with the scent appears to be missing).  They all look lovely and I especially enjoy the scents of the Lavender & Mint, Vanilla Sandalwood, and the mystery scent.

Of the oils, I think that the Pumpkin Pie and Bay Rum are my favorites.  I really like the Crisp Apple Rose, River Dance smells nice in the bottle, and I also like the Drakkar and Bargamot Mint.  I have some plans for some of the scents and some may depend on what this months soap challenge ends up being.  I thank Marjorie again for her kindness in spreading joy to others.

No comments:

Post a Comment