It has been a while since I have posted and my life has been a bit crazy. I have made one soap since I last posted and I plan to make some soap today if things work out as planned and the garage does not call and say the car is done before I am done with making this post. The car needed an oil change and to have the AC looked at. Hopefully, the AC is not going to be expensive as I am low on funds (as usual).
Anyways, my latest soap creation was actually made last Tuesday (I think), and I am only now getting around to posting about it now. This soap was made with my usual recipe and I used red oxide to make an in the pot swirl. I made the soap at a lower temperature as I have been doing lately, and it came together a little slowly at first, but when I started working with the color it started thickening up fairly quickly.
I managed to get it to behave long enough to get it poured into the mold and allowed the soap to gel as it did not have any milk products in it or anything that would cause it to overheat. The soap set up well and I cut it the next day as usual. Instead of taking pictures right off as I often do, I waited a bit as I had been pretty busy. When I did take the picture the creamy color of the soap had darkened, so I found out that the fragrance oil that I had used (Ginger Spice) had vanilla in it.
Overall, I am not upset with the way the soap turned out. I love the scent of ginger and while the soap is a bit darker then I had "planned" I am not upset with it as I knew very little about the fragrance oil I was using (I bought this fragrance oil through Etsy). I hope that the other scents that I picked up with this one work out well.
I will do my best to keep up better with posts here and get back in the swing of making more soaps again. I have not been feeling very inspired by much lately, which is likely part of the toll of depression. The only thing I can do is to fight against it by making more soap and working on staying active.