Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Sorry!

Sorry I did not post a cut picture like I said I was going to yesterday.  The day was pretty busy for me and I just ran out of time with all the errands I had to run.  I also was not able to make my soap for the soap swap yesterday either.  I ran out of parchment paper so had to run to the store and pick up some freezer paper to line my mold with.  By the time I got back home, it was time for me to run out to the hospital and visit my partner.  I seemed to always not have enough time to post or make soap!

So, I think the mica swirl for the challenge came out very well, even if it was late to actually turn in for the challenge.  So you know, I used Nag Champa to scent the bottom portion of the soap and left the top part with the red mica swirl unscented.  The brown portion is colored with brown oxide.  So without further ado, the mica swirl!


One of the other things that I did yesterday while I was running around madly, was mail out some soaps to my friend Matt in Washington and mail out some stuff including soap to another friend.  I was up until about 4:00 am the night before designing and cutting out the labels.  I think I can make the labels faster now that I know what I am doing.  Cutting them out on the other hand and looking good when they are done may take more talent then I have.  I have mentioned not being able to cut a straight line before... well, my ability to cut a circle is worse!

Anyways, these are some of my round soaps all wrapped up pretty (or as pretty as I could get them), and ready to be shipped out.  They are due to arrive with my friends on Wednesday and I am hoping that they get favorable reviews.


2 comments:

  1. A-ha! This is the nag champa one! this one is perfectly lovely. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I am really happy with the way this one turned out. One of my favorites, I think!

      Delete