Saturday, April 13, 2013

You May be Addicted to Soap Making...

I made my last soap on Thursday and I have not been very busy the past couple days and I have gotten a little twitchy.  I really want to make a soap!  If you are wondering why I am not making soap and instead just whining about not making any, it is because I ran out of latex gloves.  I always use gloves when I soap because of the caustic natural of soap and I am attempting to be safe with it.  I ordered new gloves and they are due in on Monday.  That means another day without making a soap.

On the plus side of things, the organza bags that I ordered to wrap my soap for the Bramble Berry Soap Swap came in today.  This meant I got to clean up my Cranberry Fig soap a bit and put it in the bags so it would be ready to send out to the swap on Monday.  I cannot put the name that I would like to use as a business name on the tags that I made up for the soap, but I did put a badger on them.  I made up the tags on a free program and cut them out by hand (yes, that means they aren't cut straight).

I am a bit nervous about the swap and hope that my soap is good enough for it.  I know I shouldn't worry about it, but it is that perfectionist nature that I have.  I wish it was better then it was, but it is what it is.  I have the date that it finishes curing on the bars, and they are wrapped and I think they do not look terrible anyways.  They even look semi-professional in my opinion.  I will let you decide.


In other news, I received some other things in the mail yesterday. I got some tussah silk to try in my soaps as well as some herbs for adding as natural colorants. I have some of the herbs infusing now (alkanet root powder, spirulina powder, and madder root powder). They should be done in a few weeks.  The infusions take a minimum of two weeks and I am really looking forward to working with them.  I also have a little powder left over and might see about adding some of the powdered herbs at trace to see how they work out.  I especially want to work some with the alkanet, as I have some fragrance oils that I would like to be purple.  I will have to see what happens on Monday between doctor appointments, dropping off my package and some other errands.  Hopefully, I will have time to make a soap although I am not sure what I will make yet.

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to see your soaps for the swap -- especially now that I know they are Cranberry Fig (one of my favorite scents).

    ReplyDelete